Solved

Mount path is showing offline

• 13 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi Team,

we have a MA, which has four mount points all comes from backend SAN. out of four, one mount points are showing error while writing the data. i checked the disk management, disk was showing as read only than i have rebooted the MA and made the disk read/write. created test folder on the disk which working fine. but when i run the storage validation, it gives below error. did anyone had these kind of issue ? 

7944  173c  09/09 10:20:44 685427 Scheduler  Set pending cause [Failed to mount the disk media in library [LIB05] with mount path [C:\CommVaulttLibrary\503] on MediaAgent [cv5]. Operating System could not find the path specified. Please ensure that the path is correct and accessible.

icon

Best answer by Allan0105 21 September 2022, 11:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Allan0105 !  Thanks for the post!

Can you log onto cv5 (the Media Agent) and try to navigate directly to this path?

C:\CommVaulttLibrary\503

Log onto the Media Agent using whatever account accesses it for backups, etc.

Could be a permissions issue where you were able to write that folder, but the user doing the backups can not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @Allan0105 !  Thanks for the post!

Can you log onto cv5 (the Media Agent) and try to navigate directly to this path?

C:\CommVaulttLibrary\503

Log onto the Media Agent using whatever account accesses it for backups, etc.

Could be a permissions issue where you were able to write that folder, but the user doing the backups can not.

Thanks Mike, I checked that too, using same account i can able to create files. It was strange issue, where some time, i cant create folder on C:\CommVaulttLibrary\503 but now i can create folder. storage validation is getting failed. Check this case#220722-533 once which we opened for the issue but not able to find any storage end issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the case number, @Allan0105 !  The guy you worked with is essentially the top Media Management guy in US Support so he documented his work exquisitely.

I see you were getting an error on the OS side as well when you guys worked the case, though you aren’t now?

the log error is saying that the writing error is coming from the OS so I’m curious what the hardware vendor came up with.

Can you share what the hw vendor advised?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Could the mount point config have an issue, what if you recreate the mount point relation to the folder?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Thanks for the case number, @Allan0105 !  The guy you worked with is essentially the top Media Management guy in US Support so he documented his work exquisitely.

I see you were getting an error on the OS side as well when you guys worked the case, though you aren’t now?

the log error is saying that the writing error is coming from the OS so I’m curious what the hardware vendor came up with.

Can you share what the hw vendor advised?

Sure Mike! Hardware vendor is the IBM storage and they checked the storage and said no issue found on it. all the Luns are read/write. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Could the mount point config have an issue, what if you recreate the mount point relation to the folder?

Thanks @Jos Meijer ! do you want me to delete the mount point in commvault and re-create it ? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The catastrophic error that comes up usually is a result of having CV Ransomware protection turned on the associated Media Agents, and/or prevent accidental deletion options set on the library properties.

Can you disable these and see if you still have an issue with any Manual Adjustments to the path or access through file explorer?  Please be careful not to delete anything :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

The catastrophic error that comes up usually is a result of having CV Ransomware protection turned on the associated Media Agents, and/or prevent accidental deletion options set on the library properties.

Can you disable these and see if you still have an issue with any Manual Adjustments to the path or access through file explorer?  Please be careful not to delete anything :)

@Jason Duncan I have disabled and enabled the ransomware protection on MA and disabled the AV on the MA. Storage validation worked fine and backups also running fine. than i have enabled both the ransomware protection & AV on MA. even after enabling them also now backups are running fine. 

Not sure how issue got fixed, may be disabling and enabling the ransomware protection and AV did the trick. not sure :) 

Badge

Hi,

We have a Mediaagent hosted on linux server. There intermittently Getting alerts, mount paths are inaccessible but it auto restore after some time. Not able to find reason behind it.