Solved

Report for back-end storage usage ?

• 7 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, is there a way to know how much a server/client is using unique block in the back-end storage when Global dedupe is involved ?

So If I deleted the server for Commvault what’s going to be the free space free up ?

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 8 June 2021, 07:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Marco Lachance 

The Client Storage Utilization by Storage Policy Copy report may help, please note this is a premium report and needs Premium Reporting License to download.

Otherwise, Commcell Views are another method to obtain detailed output from the Commserve database. Take a look at these Commcell Views as they contain output for backup size by client, you may need to manipulate the data or add select clauses to filter by specific clients:

CommCellBackupInfo

CommCellBackupInfoStats

CommCellBKupSizeInfo

CommCellClientLevelBkpJobSummary

CommCellCompletedBkpJobsInfo

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Michael.B , the Client Storage Utilization by Storage Policy Copy report will contain that for whichever copies you include.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Marco Lachance !  I’m asking internally if we have something handy.  In theory, it would just be a matter of adding up the data on disk per job (for that client) and that would be as close as possible.

Badge +1

@Stuart Painter Hi, I’m looking for something similar. I already know this Commcell Views but unfortunately only the primary copy is included there. Can you give me a hint how I get the data for the Aux copies aswell?

Thanks,

Michael