Solved

Selective Aux Copy reached Pending status at 98%

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,
There still seem to be more problems :-(

Next time I launched an aux copy for two more tapes of the same Storage policy.

It reached 98% and Pending status. no error at all

He took the same tape as in the previous process.

I killed the process.…
I have delete content of new LTO7 tape because, process aux copy not finished to 100%

Now, I run auxilliary copy with Backup period in which there are backups for four tapes, but Job is completed and “no more data copied”

Whether it is possible to run Aux copy  from same tapes LTO4 twice to a new different LTO7 tape???

icon

Best answer by elizabeta 12 May 2021, 12:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@elizabeta , I split this into its own thread for better tracking.

It sounds like the Aux Copy completed the first 98%, ran into an error, and then you killed it.

At that point, the 98% comprised completed jobs, so the Aux Copy won’t copy them again.

When you deleted the jobs, they are removed from the Aux Copy and won’t be recopied.

You can use this option to recopy the media.  Do that for all of the source tapes.

If it goes pending, don’t kill it’ see what the log files say (share them here) so we can troubleshoot.

You can always kill the aux copy and then run it again.  It will pick up where it left off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes, if that is a source tape you can mark it to not be copied.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have marked problematic media right-click Prevent Copy, then Run Auxiliary Copy,

and job finally completed without any errors

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

When I killed job (Aux Copy which was 98% completed and status Pending) I have deleted content from new copied LTO7 tape.
I don’t have possibility to click Re-copy for  tapes from Storage policy I have tried Aux copy

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I run Aux copy (before I have deleted old and created a new), and now job is 98% , status Pending ??
When I go to detail of the process I see nothing?
In the Event Viewer I see error for a tape that is not covered by the backup period (which I did not want to COPY)

Error Code: [62:318] Description: Failed to Copy or verify Chunk [540205] in media [052BGTL4], Storage Policy [bas_retention_4weeks], Copy [bas_retention_4weeks], Host [srv-bck], Path [\\.\Tape2], File Number [58], Backup Jobs [ 176083]. No more data is on the tape. No more data is on the tape. Source: srv-bck, Process: CVJobReplicatorODS  Error occurred in Library [IBM 3573-TL 1], Drive Name [IBM ULT3580-TD4_1], Barcode [052BGTL4], Path [\\.\Tape2] [The end of data marker was reached during an operation.]. For more help, please call your vendor's support hotline. Source: srv-bck, Process: CVJobReplicatorODS

But when Job was running, this error ocurred, but Jobs continued, until Job was 98%, and now process is not Running then Pending.

Best regards,
Elizabeta 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

In the Event Viewer I see now “Auxiliary Copy operation has failed” There is no Job anymore…

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you trying to do a recopy of the tapes used in the aux copy or from the Priamry?  You need to recopy the media for the Primary.

If you have no jobs copied at this point, you may be better off recreating the Aux copy and starting over.

If it hits 98%, don’t delete anything, share the errors here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have recreated Aux copy, then “Run Aux copy”, the process Job was running until 98% ???

In the Event viewer I see
“Error occurred while processing chunk [540205] in media [052BGTL4], at the time of error in library [IBM 3573-TL 1], for storage policy [bas_retention_4weeks] copy [Copy-2] MediaAgent [srv-bck]:  Backup Job [176083]. No more data is on the tape.”
“Auxiliary Copy operation has failed.”

I just want to copy only the tapes from the two slots and I have selected backup period

But, the error exist for the tape 052BGTL4 … I don’t want to copy this tape (on this tape backup period is 23.10.2020 and 24.10.2020. How can I get around that tape?? 
I want to copy only tape (backup period is 30.12.2019 to 17.10.2020.) and tape (backup period is 24.10.2020. to 30.11.2020.)

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Just one information, 

The tape reported by the error 052BGTL4 been declared Bad in the Tape library. 

Is there a way for the commvault to declare it Bad, not to take it when copying?

BR,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Can I do just on this problematic media, right-click that media and Options, Prevent copy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So happy to hear it, @elizabeta !!!