Solved

Active Directory error time sync errors

• 4 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

We recently noticed that during our Domain Controller / Active Directory agent installed during the backup we get a scom alert that says “AD Replication Monitoring : The following DCs have clocks which are set in the future.  This can cause replication errors in Active Directory and prevents the 'AD Replication Monitoring' script from detecting replication errors. It happens on our primary Domain Controller and it affects our other two servers. 

I have the VSA backing up the VM and a separate schedule that backs up the AD portion. I don’t see any alerts or failures in the job history, any thoughts?

If I remove the primary NTP / AD server from the backup schedule the error is not generated so I’m thinking maybe contention / overlap with the VSA and AD client?

icon

Best answer by dude 4 March 2021, 21:46

View original

1 reply

Badge +15

Hi @Bill 

I have seen something similar to this where the snapshot process “kind” creates the “time out” issue.

Take a look at this article: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1189 and see if it applies to your scenario.

As an alternative as well, make sure that all of your hosts are also using the same NTP Server.