Solved

Add Azure Storage Account Container as an Independent Library

• 27 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

I have a question. We have a Azure storage account container “backup” added as Cloud Storage Library in Commvault. This storage account and container is provisioned in Commvault as CL_Backup library. Can I create an additional container in the same storage account, name it “newbackups” and add it as a separate library in Storage Resources called CL_SecondaryBackups for example?

I’m trying to leverage data cost savings in Azure by using the same storage account but with multiple containers.

icon

Best answer by Baba Imani 31 May 2021, 10:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Baba Imani thanks for the question!  This is a better question for azure support.  They have to be able to create the same storage account in a different container.

If that’s possible, we should be ok with it.

Badge +5

@Baba Imani thanks for the question!  This is a better question for azure support.  They have to be able to create the same storage account in a different container.

If that’s possible, we should be ok with it.

Well I can certainly create multiple containers in the same storage account in Azure. My worry is about Commvault behaviour if I use the same storage account I’ve used before but when selecting the container I specify a different one to the one in use. I’m thinking that should work to create a new Library and not want to add it as a Mount Path for the Library in use. If I specify a unique library name when provisioning Cloud Storage in Commvault, I should be able to use the same storage account with a different container right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would expect so.  If you can, create one as a test and run some small test subclients to it via a Test Storage Policy.  you’ll get confirmation quickly :sunglasses:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I would expect this to work since CV would be writing into the container. - I have seen deployments with Azure Cloud Library using with multiple containers (in the same account), configured as separate “mount paths” within the same Library.

Let us know how you get on!

Badge +5

I can confirm that this works. You can provision separate containers in the same storage account into different cloud libraries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You’re awesome, thanks @Baba Imani !