Solved

Adding new Library to deduplication database

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

We have created a new library. we were trying to associate it to an existing deduplication engine (new data path) but its not avaiable.

Can anyone help understand why?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening 17 June 2021, 16:25

@STR , thanks for the question!

Quick question of my own:

Is this Storage Policy using a Global Deduplication Policy set somewhere else?  You SHOULD be able to add another library to a Dedupe copy, though iof that copy is subscribed to a Global DDB, then you need to add it to the Global DDB copy, not the child.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@STR , thanks for the question!

Quick question of my own:

Is this Storage Policy using a Global Deduplication Policy set somewhere else?  You SHOULD be able to add another library to a Dedupe copy, though iof that copy is subscribed to a Global DDB, then you need to add it to the Global DDB copy, not the child.

Badge +1

Hello Mike,

Maybe i havent explained myself. Iam trying to add it at the Deduplication engine itself so that is automatically available to the SP using that dedup engine.

As a side nothe, I only have 1 machine (Commserve and MA). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@STR , possible we aren’t thinking of the same thing :joy:

Are you trying to add a new Deduplication Database Partition, or add more space for backups (that are deduplicated) go?  Or something altogether different?

Can you share a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@STR , following up.  Can you clarify what you are trying to do?  Are you trying to add a new Deduplication Database Partition, or add more space for backups (that are deduplicated) go?  Or something altogether different?