Solved

Adding nodes to existing HyperScale X

• 9 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, I’m trying to add 3 nodes to an existing Hyperscale X cluster ?

It’s a brand new installation, the cluster is up and running in with the first 3 nodes.

Now I’m trying to add 3 more nodes, do I need to create a block with “cvavahi.py...” on those 3 new nodes as well and after that I will have the options in the Command Center to add them all under the one already there  or ?

Thank you, it’s the first time I’m adding nodes to and existing HyperScale X cluster and I don't find any documentation on this !

icon

Best answer by Nick Maida 9 September 2021, 19:00

View original

5 replies

Badge

Thanks for your post.  Would definitely recommend checking out this documentation link which should answer most of your questions:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/133336_adding_nodes_to_existing_hyperscale_x_storage_pool.html

JW

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you, it’s exactly what I was looking for ! I don't know why my search was not picking up this link !

By the way @JPW  do you know be any chance how to add an extra bond into those nodes ? We have 2 Nic card not configure yet and we need to create a Bond for DIP with specific server/clients ?

Badge +1

Hello Marco,

At this time we do not have any scripts or documentation to create a bond outside of the Data Protection and Storage Protection network. Here is a link that can help getting this configured manually.

https://www.cyberithub.com/network-bonding-teaming-in-linux/

Alternatively you can manipulate the current config files to create the new bond.

For example:

# cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

# cp ifcfg-bond1 ifcfg-bond3

# vi ifcfg-bond3

You can then edit the file “ifcfg-bond3” and edit the fields to whichever IP’s you need it to be. You can do the same process for the interface files to make the interface files a part of the new bond. This will be a lot easier than creating them from scratch. 

Regards,

Nick Maida

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you, it’s exactly what I was looking for ! I don't know why my search was not picking up this link !

By the way @JPW  do you know be any chance how to add an extra bond into those nodes ? We have 2 Nic card not configure yet and we need to create a Bond for DIP with specific server/clients ?

How many physical network ports are available ?

Do you have spare or are you trying to create or connect to additional networks utilizing the existing bonds?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Nick Maida  It works perfectly with your how to :thumbsup:

@Damian Andre  the customer have 8 NIC per node, so at the end 4 bonds.

To access different destinations.

Thank you all.