Solved

Admincenter move -> customisation lost

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

We are moving our admincenter to a new server. (using the procedure, the DM2 & cvcloud dbs).
It took the reports, etc, so all looks ok.
But we noticed that on the new admincenter, we lost our tenant customisation. So we are missing for examples the logos for each tenant. 
How can we also migrate that?

icon

Best answer by Sarahy 11 February 2022, 18:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bart 

The customisations should be stored in the Commserve database, but I suspect a reference to a local resource, either a registry value or perhaps a local copy of the the image files on the original web server may be causing this.

The best way forward is to raise a support case so that we stage and investigate your Commserve database and highlight this issue with Development.

Raising a case will be the most expedient way to achieve a resolution here.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge

Hi Bart,

As the files uploaded for the Tenant Customisation is not kept in the database but in the local file system on the Server when it is configured this would be an expected behaviour. 

So as to put the files back in place as they were prior to the hardware refresh please go through the customisation process again so as to upload the files and link them to the Tenant correctly (https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/87426_branding_command_center.html)

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

do you know where on the local file system those files are stored, so that we can retrieve them from there?
Btw, I still find it weird that it’s stored on local file system, as we have several command centers, and they got the same customisation, and as far as I remember we only modified it on 1 system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , the Expert version of that doc has more information:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/40846_branding_your_console.html

Software_Installation_Directory\GUI\Web\101\images

and

Software_Installation_Directory\GUI

Should contain what you are looking for (if not, let me know and I’ll get the docs updated).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

the documentation is very clear: the command center branding is done via the command center.
So not using the “101\images” or gui.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , let me bring this to our docs team to clarify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Something marked this as resolved,but this is not the case. The Software_Installation_Directory\GUI is for the webconsle,not the command center.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unmarked/fixed.

Tagging in @AndrewFisher_Commvault to see if he can provide the location as per @Bart ‘s question.

Badge

Hi @Bart ,

I have sent a general query regarding this to the Engineering Team and will let you know if I hear back. We may need to create a support incident for this, but I will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@AndrewFisher_Commvault , following up to see if you heard anything back from dev on this one.

Let me know if I can help at all!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Bart,

I followed the question Andrew had previously sent you Development. Here is what they said:

“Customization is present in registry under WebConsole folder, as shown below.

Can you confirm If this information is present with hardware refresh?”

Thank you.