And this is commvault support

• 22 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

And this is commvault support...premier support contract, 1 hour response time for critical tickets.
Ticket opened at 10:25AM:

Then it’s 11:25AM UTC, and ...tada…they just change the time , without contacting customer:

occur on or by Apr 22, 2021 2:36 PM (UTC)

Then it’s 11h38, and ...tada...another hour added..

Seems Commvault has flexible hours on their clocks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bart,

Looks like support is in touch now. I’ll pass this on to the team to figure out what happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bart 

Thank you for your post.

I have reviewed the case in question and I can see how the engagement times have been applied.

When you raised the ticket earlier today, the next engagement time was set based on the ticket severity, ie. Apr 22, 2021 11:25 AM (UTC).

The engineer working on the case then took ownership of the ticket and applied an internal note to mark the case and your contact record as contact in progress, on phone / remote session.

This internal note marks the case with a status internally so that other engineers can see that contact is underway and it also flags your contact record as being engaged -  should you have other open cases engineers can see which case has an active engagement with another engineer.

The effect of this flag is to mark this engagement with a 3 hour duration, so in Maintenance Advantage you will see the Next Engagement time showing as +3h, in this case Apr 22, 2021 2:36 PM (UTC).

I see from the ticket itself that an email was sent inviting you to make arrangements for a remote session, which would have closed off this 3h engagement after 2 minutes with an email activity within CRM.

I hope that helps to clarify why you are seeing these Next Engagement times update, perhaps from your perspective within Maintenance Advantage this was unexpected.

I will be pleased to help you understand this if you would like more details.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bart 

Do you have any further questions, would you like a call to discuss?

I would like to close off this thread and ensure all your questions are answered fully.

Thanks,

Stuart