Question

Anomaly Notification Message/Event

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Morning,

Before I raise a ticket with support just wondered if anyone has seen the event below and could advise if its anything to be concerned about?

“Encountered an invalid backup level in the backup stats record.”

Thanks

Tom

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hey @Tom Evans !  I only found one case for this error (Unix client) and the end result (due to overwritten logs and urgency) was to uninstall and reinstall, which is a workaround at best and not a full on ‘fix’.

What agent is this?  and what are you trying to do when you get the error?  Is there a code number or just an event?

I would advise a new incident (and share the case number with me).

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for the case message, @Tom Evans .  Definitely interested to see where this goes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Unfortunately not much to report in regards to resolution. It would seem this is an anomaly as the linked job completed successfully. I will continue to monitor and investigate further with support if i have more occurrences of the issue.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Tom Evans I just reviewed the case….I’m definitely not satisfied with the answer you were given; you can’t have uncertainty in your backup environment.  I’ll follow up with the team involved and push for an actual root cause analysis here.

I’ll be in touch (though you’ll likely hear from an engineer before I update the thread here).