Solved

Anomaly Notification Message/Event

• 3 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Morning,

Before I raise a ticket with support just wondered if anyone has seen the event below and could advise if its anything to be concerned about?

“Encountered an invalid backup level in the backup stats record.”

Thanks

Tom

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 27 August 2021, 22:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Tom Evans , I saw your incident update so reflecting that closure here.

By all means, if the issue comes back, you know what to do!

I’ll see any update on any thread :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Tom Evans , noting that the case was Archived again.  Looks like the issue did not reoccur?

Here’s the last entry:

Reached out to development and the suggestion to apply the latest Hotfix on Commserve (MR55 or latest official release once available).
Suggested to increase JobManager.log on CS to debug level '3' and file version to '50', upload the Commserve & Proxy logs when the issue occurs.
Customer is continuing to monitor and aiming to get MR 53 installed in the next couple of weeks. Customer hasn't received the anomaly alert in past weeks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Tom Evans !  Hope all is well!

I noticed your case is in Archived status due to the engineer having trouble reaching you.

Sharing their explanation below.  You can reply back to the case to reactivate it (with 14 days of archiving).

I’m definitely keen to see you get a satisfactory answer on this one!

The reason the Anomaly Event 'Encountered an invalid backup level in the backup stats record' was generated on 31st May was due to the below child VMs backups for 2 machines were converted to full backup. 

CS\JobManager.log
============
14624 2108  05/31 06:53:24 81542 Operations CVBkpJobSvr::logEvent got bad backup level [106] level [465] 14624 2108  05/31 06:53:49 81543 Operations CVBkpJobSvr::logEvent got bad backup level [106] level [465]

Could you please let me know, if you have some time for a quick session today to verify the loggings on the Proxy Machines before the older logs on the proxies gets purged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Tom Evans I just reviewed the case….I’m definitely not satisfied with the answer you were given; you can’t have uncertainty in your backup environment.  I’ll follow up with the team involved and push for an actual root cause analysis here.

I’ll be in touch (though you’ll likely hear from an engineer before I update the thread here).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Unfortunately not much to report in regards to resolution. It would seem this is an anomaly as the linked job completed successfully. I will continue to monitor and investigate further with support if i have more occurrences of the issue.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the case message, @Tom Evans .  Definitely interested to see where this goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Tom Evans !  I only found one case for this error (Unix client) and the end result (due to overwritten logs and urgency) was to uninstall and reinstall, which is a workaround at best and not a full on ‘fix’.

What agent is this?  and what are you trying to do when you get the error?  Is there a code number or just an event?

I would advise a new incident (and share the case number with me).