Solved

Auxilary Copy not copied some jobs

• 1 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Hi Folks,

I have interesting situation about aux copy. I’ m doing DASH copy from one Disk Library to another Disk Library. Despite the successful completion of Aux Copy, 4 jobs remain in "Partially Copied" status. I ran Data Verification on Primary Copy for 4 Jobs and it completed successfully. I did Re-Copy but it stays the same, I did Do Not Copy - Pick for Copy but it's still the same. All Backups is selected in Copy Policy. What should I check?

Best Regards.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 8 June 2021, 22:56

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi omERman

Thank you for the question, please would you confirm your Commvault version and hotfix pack level, so we can check if this is seen and if any hotfixes exist for this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

Hi Stuart,

The version is 11.20.32. This is the latest hotfix in the SP20.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi omERman

We have a couple of hotfixes for SP20, SP20-HotFix-2900 and SP20-HotFix-2901 which address a similar issue, but these are already released with MR28, so these will be included as part of MR32.

I suggest you raise a new support case so we can take a detailed look into this one for you.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

Hi Stuart,

I checked and saw that 2901 installed. I guess I’m gonna raise a ticket to support. Thanks.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Stuart,

I checked and saw that 2901 installed. I guess I’m gonna raise a ticket to support. Thanks.

Best Regards.

If you can, reply back with the solution so we can mark it as Best answer for the community :nerd:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Out of curiosity, are the jobs stuck on partially copied VSA jobs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@omERman , did you ever get a solution to this one?  I looked for incidents in your name and couldn’t find one.

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Updating the thread as I had found the case and can see it is still with development.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Updating the thread.  Case is still in dev status, though there have been some findings.  Issue has not been seen before though I wanted to share with anyone following.

The issue is complicated as there are some rows missing in the CSDB in the snap tables for these snaps from when the snaps were created.
Since then, the logs have rolled over and we are unable to reproduce the issue inhouse.

Still being investigated, and I’ll keep us all updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Updating and mark resolved :grinning:

Finding Details:

Hello,
The following is a summary of the issue, actions taken and the resolution for incident #210208-110:

Issue
--------------------
I have an interesting situation about aux copy. I’m doing a DASH copy from one Disk Library to another Disk Library. Despite the successful completion of Aux Copy, 4 jobs remain in "Partially Copied" status. I ran Data Verification on Primary Copy for 4 Jobs and it completed successfully. I did Re-Copy but it stays the same, I did Do Not Copy - Pick for Copy but it's still the same. All Backups are selected in Copy Policy.

============================================================

Findings and actions taken
- Can see that there are 4 backup jobs which are showing as available are showing partially copied in the secondary SP copy.

- Backup Job_id's  showing available and verification successful in primary SP copy.

- As we do not have any reference of the Aux copy job which allowed this to make as partially copied.

- Marked all 4 jobs as re-copy and manually initiated the auxcopy job, without selecting "Use scalable resources".
Escalated to development for review.

The issue here is that there were some snap archive files created on a non-snap copy and there was pick data from running jobs enabled on the secondary copy that had that non-snap copy as the source. This is issue is fixed in SP21+ and is currently being backported to SP20 (there is no concrete time when it will be completed)

Also, while we backport the RC fix for this, please advise customer to disable the option to pick data from running jobs on the secondary copy for the storage policy.

If anyone needs the form ID, let me know and I’ll see if it is available once you ask!