Solved

Backing up the Commserve properties in case an Update goes wrong

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello,

I need to update the CommServ, but I want to make a backup of the CommServ structure(files, directories, databases, etc), How should I do it?

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 19 May 2021, 14:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Fernando,

With regards to the CS Protection, Realistically you only need to run the DR Backup which dumps the database to the specified export location. - This is what would be used in order to recover the CS.

If you have a CommServe LiveSync Setup you could failover and perform the updates to keep the CS Role online. - Installing Feature Releases On CommServe LiveSync Setup (commvault.com)

Best Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @MichaelCapon 

I need to make a backup of the CommServer settings, in case the upgrade fails and i have to return the previous settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Fernando Souza , that’s what @MichaelCapon is referring to; all of the settings are part of the Commserve database.  If you lost that server, reinstalled the software and restored the Commserve database, you’d have everything your Commserve needs like it was before (excluding any actual backed up data in the libraries, of course).

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

ok @Mike Struening and @MichaelCapon 

Tomorrow I will do the update, and first I will do the DR.

thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

i will go toupgrade next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Keep us posted, thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Fernando Souza , following up on the update.  how did it go?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

The update was done last week.

and the customer need update to a specific version, then i removed all installed in Software cache and do the only one version.

and then update the Commvault and the restore run after the update.

Thanks guys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great news, thanks man!!