Solved

Backup Image Physical Devices

• 29 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Does Commvault have the ability to backup image a physical device? One of our physical computers computers just had a false quarantine hit it due to our AV. Now our machine is corrupt and we have no image of the machine and need to reinstall and configure the software. Normally, I would just use something like Ghost or Accronis but I am thinking of how I can use Commvault to doe the same. 

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 29 January 2021, 21:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

And to add to what Mike said, if you have system state backups enabled you can already use 1touch - no special configto enable - you can also restore the full machine as a VM automatically using virtualizeME

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Dan Rubin!

Have you looked at the One touch Feature?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=18887.htm

From the link:

You can use Commvault's 1-Touch Bare Metal Recovery to recover a failed computer or to create a clone of a server. With 1-Touch, you can easily recover a computer by automatically rebuilding the operating system and all the applications on a new server that has either similar or different hardware.

This way you won’t have to use Ghost or any other application, you can utilize your existing backups.

Badge

We’ve used the virtualize ME feature when we had a ransomware event on some older servers. It worked awesome, our sys admins were impressed.