Solved

Cassandra Cluster discovery after CV11FR22 upgrade

• 24 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Is there any hotfix / diag available to address cassandra cluster discovery . We are getting the below error after we have upgrade the nodes to CV11FR22.9 

clients running on CV11FR20.37 have no issues

icon

Best answer by Sunny48 24 February 2021, 23:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the post @Sunny48 !

I’m not seeing any incidents with that error so I have messaged some internal folks on this.

To confirm, where are you seeing that error and after what operation?

Did you push an upgrade through the Console and that’s what is now displaying, or are you trying to run a backup and getting this message?

Badge +4

I pushed the upgrade from the commcell console after updating the software cache

once the upgrade was successful , I clicked on the discover option in the Cassandra pseudo cluster to check if everything looks good or not and the error message popped up as updated before

Badge +4

ok.. I had to look at my old nodes and found the below Reg key that we used to use ino oldernicle?p=30447.htm

sCassandraiConfigFilePath

interesting thing is the clients in cv11FR20.3 does not need that registry key. its only with cv11fr22.9

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Sunny48 , your link was cut off, though I do have the path here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/expert/30447_configuring_cassandra_nodes.html

this key enables auto discover of the node information.

See if the key allows the discover to work.  We can then look into the logs to see why it didn’t work without.  the docs are clear that you should be able to run Discover or allow the first backup to do it (or use this reg key).

Badge +4

I was working with the commvault dev team for other issue and they confirmed that in CV11FR22 they have made the changes to update the config path in the cassandra cluster configuration. Clients older than CVFR22 are not needed.