Solved

CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy WORKFLOW

• 30 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Just to verify.
The subjected workflow only exports settings for a stg policy but no action is done on the source commcell. Hence all backups etc.continues to work as before?
//Henke

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 30 November 2021, 18:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Henke !  hope all is well.

If you migrate a client over, my expectation would be that the client is now backing up on the source CommCell, not the old one unless you have some multi instancing setup (along with clever scheduling to avoid conflicts).

What is your end goal with the clients being migrated?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/60285_predefined_workflow_commcell_client_migration_by_storage_policy.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Mike Struening for this particular question, it was mostly I was curious on what gets exported and would like to look into the file exported. At this moment I don’t want a change on anything, just a peek into the exported file. Maybe thats not possible.

The bigger picture is that we will do a Commcell migration/split moving clients over to another existing/new commcell.

//Henke

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you want, create a test Commserve in a lab (off the network) and run an export there, then look at the file.  That way there’s no impact at all.  You can also test the import itself.