Solved

Commvault and SAML authentication

Badge +1

Hi,

I have configured SAML authentication on the Command center and an ADFS server for a domain.
Everything works but there is one small thing i don’t get to work.
If i logon and enter the username the redirect to the ADFS servers works but, i need to enter the username a second time. Is there an option to send the username with the SAML redirect?

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 3 March 2021, 22:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

What feature release are you on, it shouldnt be prompting for username the second time.

Badge +1
The version is 11.20.36

This is what i get with the command center:

This is what i get with other applications:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If i logon and enter the username the redirect to the ADFS servers works but, i need to enter the username a second time. Is there an option to send the username with the SAML redirect?

@Pieter , to clarify, are you saying you enter your username, it redirects you to ADFS where you authenticate, then Command Center is making you re-enter those same credentials?

Or that you enter credentials at command center and have to re-enter at the ADFS redirect itself?

Does this behavior work the same way with your other applications using ADFS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Pieter , following up to see if you’ve had a chance to look at my post above.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Pieter , gentle follow up to see if you’ve had a chance to look at this.

Badge +1

@Pieter , to clarify, are you saying you enter your username, it redirects you to ADFS where you authenticate, then Command Center is making you re-enter those same credentials?

Or that you enter credentials at command center and have to re-enter at the ADFS redirect itself?Does this behavior work the same way with your other applications using ADFS?

@Mike Struening 
Sorry for the late answer.

1. I give in my username on the command center.
  2. The command center redirects to the ADFS login page.
  3. On the ADFS page i need to re-enter the username on the login page.

With other software like office 365 i don’t need to re-enter my username.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No problem, @Pieter !  I unmarked the Best answer accordingly.

To summarize then, we are not passing along the login attempt to the ADFS page.

Unless others have ideas, I would suggest opening a support case for this issue.  Let me know the case number so we can track and update this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Pieter , did you get a chance to create an incident for this?  I searched for your name and not seeing anything recent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Pieter , wanted to follow up one more time tos ee if you either resolved this or opened a support case.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Pieter , wanted to follow up one last (gentle) time to see if you either resolved this or opened a support case.

Thanks!