Question

Commvault Report - Populate CommServe Dashboard only for migrated clients/media agents

• 14 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

We are completely installing Commvault setup from scratch for 100+ sites. I am looking your assistance to generate the report as per mgmt report.

I need to populate the data in CommServe Dashboard only for migrated clients/media agents. For example I have one remote site and the report related the sites such as Disk Library growth Media Agent load, SLA , Job Summary and etc.. should be included in the commvault reports after migration.

As per my understanding, I can exclude particular client  or group from SLA report. But can I include only particular group in the report?

Thanks,

Mani

7 replies

Badge

Hi Mani,

Is there a particular dashboard/ report you are currently looking at that you wish to present to management? Is it the SLA report or any other?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi All,

We are completely installing Commvault setup from scratch for 100+ sites. I am looking your assistance to generate the report as per mgmt report.

I need to populate the data in CommServe Dashboard only for migrated clients/media agents. For example I have one remote site and the report related the sites such as Disk Library growth Media Agent load, SLA , Job Summary and etc.. should be included in the commvault reports after migration.

As per my understanding, I can exclude particular client  or group from SLA report. But can I include only particular group in the report?

Thanks,

Mani

I have not looked at the specifics of the report to confirm if you can only do an Exclude and not Include - but if you need something quick it is possible to create an Automatic Association called ‘Not Migrated Clients’ with a Rule Group ‘Associated client group’ where ‘not equal to’ GroupName=’Migrated Clients’.  Then when you run the report, choose ‘Not Migrated Clients’ as the exclude filter.

Badge +2

Hi All,

Thanks,

Mani

I have not looked at the specifics of the report to confirm if you can only do an Exclude and not Include - but if you need something quick it is possible to create an Automatic Association called ‘Not Migrated Clients’ with a Rule Group ‘Associated client group’ where ‘not equal to’ GroupName=’Migrated Clients’.  Then when you run the report, choose ‘Not Migrated Clients’ as the exclude filter.

Hi Antony,

I can exclude it manually during report generation, but I am looking in the commvault dashboard view

Badge +2

Hi Mani,

Is there a particular dashboard/ report you are currently looking at that you wish to present to management? Is it the SLA report or any other?

Hi Kaushik,

I am good go with all the report if possible.

If not I am more looking on the Health Report and SLA Report.

Thanks,

Mani

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi All,

Thanks,

Mani

@Manikandn , have you tried @Anthony.Hodges ‘s suggestion?  This should do the trick.

Badge +2

@Mike Struening , For manual report generation, it works perfectly. But, for populate value in worldwide dashboard, Couldn’t achieve it 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Manikandn , appreciate the confirmation.  I’ll look around internally and see what I can find.