Solved

difference SKU's

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

Can some one tell me the difference between: 

SKUName="Commvault Backup & Recovery For Virtual Machines, Per VM (10-Pack)" SKU="CV-BKRC-VM10-VOI"  

and 

SKUName="Commvault Complete DP For Virtual Machines, Per VM (10-Pack)" SKU="CV-DR-VM10"

I believe the Complete DP For VM does not require extra file- or application licenses if the VM has also such a license.

KR
Danny

icon

Best answer by Stephen Gracon 8 September 2021, 17:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Danny , I’ll reach out to our licensing team to see if we can get a complete breakdown of what is included in each.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Danny,

CV-BKRC-VM10 provides Backup (BK) and Recovery (RC) for virtual machines and cloud instances running on a supported hypervisor. This includes streaming data protection using an agent or agentless (Virtual Server Agent) approach as well as IntelliSnap for integration with supported snapshot vendors.

CV-DR-VM10 enables the use of our Disaster Recovery and Replication (commvault.com) suite to provide simplified Failover/Fail Back and Continuous Replication options to enhance your data protection stance. VMware Continuous Replication Using VAIO (commvault.com) does not require the VM to be backed up prior to operation, however other methods such as VM Group Replication (commvault.com) do require CV-BKRC-VM10 to create the backup that will be automatically replicated.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you

Badge +7

Hello @Stephen Gracon ,

Could you tell me please:

1. Does CV-BR-VM10 includes both CV-DR-VM10 and CV-BKRC-VM10 functionality?
  2. Is CV-BR-VM10 still available for ordering or it is replaced by  CV-DR-VM10 and CV-BKRC-VM10?

Thanks!