Recently I gone through some of the great discussion about Plans in the forum and also tried the same in our environment. But, at few areas I struggle to figure out the solution and looking helps.
- I understood that Synthetic Full backup schedule is automated and it run for every 30 days. But, where can modify it according to my environment.
- How the data aging will be impacted if I haven’t enabled the Full backup option
- How can I create a Plans for OS specific and how to restrict the windows or linux client should be added into that Plan like schedule policy.
- How can I enable the 1-Touch recovery option at plan level
- How can I schedule a AUX copy as I couldn’t find option for sync copy.
- By default it takes 1 cycle for all the backups. How can make into 0. Because in our case, we have daily INC and monthly Syntactic full backup and there is no full for VM/FS agents.
How to split up Backup Window for Primary copy and Aux Copy
How to disable client association into Base Plan and only allow derived plans
What happen if I am assign the Plan for VM Group which was already part of Some SP and Schedule Policy? Which one take precedency and how to avoid these kind of manual error
And also looking some best practices and challenges while managing the clients with Plans.