FR24 , mentions the following:

Security

Introduced in

Product

Change

Learn More

Feature Release 24

Users and User Groups

When you create a user, verify that the email address is unique and not used by another user in the CommCell environment.

Creating a User

How can we avoid that new terrible limitation?
In a tenant environment, users can belong to different companies, using the same email address.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 13 April 2022, 21:08

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey Bart,

Can you reach out to support to raise an Incident on this one?
We may need to present the use case and request a work around/change for multi tenant environments with our engineering team.

In the interim, i’ll reach out to the teams to see if there is any work around that we can leverage to get past this.

Cheers,
Jase

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bart , curious if you opened an incident to get a way to disable this for your CCID.

I don’t see a case in your name, so let me know if it is created yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

211011-560

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Mike Struening : I accidently pressed “mark as best answer” :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Undone! :rofl:

I’ll watch your case for updates.

Thanks, @Bart !

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

yet another useless ticket. 10 days later still no response. Response was expected Thursday-Friday. That became Monday-Tuesday. In the mean while , still nothing.

Lovely commvault support sometimes, and this for that huge of money we are paying for support. “Response Time: 2 hours”….. 250hours later……

But if a customer doesn’t respond in a couple of days, they close the ticket and we cannot reopen it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , I’m on it.  The case owner is a fantastic engineer, so I don’t want to move it away, though I can clearly see you are not getting timely responses.

I’ll personally reach out to him and get this moving!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

1.5 months later, still nothing.
But I’m not surprised anymore.
I took them years to implement the MSP/tenant support. (promised feature in v10, only delivered in v11), And now they just destroy it again in an update. I guess it will take years again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @Bart

I have seen in the past, adding an existing user to the Company/Tenant as a “Tenant Operator” can give access to that. - Appreciate this is a manual config for each existing user to have access, but have you tried this at all?

Best Regards,

Michael 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

1.5 months later, still nothing.
But I’m not surprised anymore.
I took them years to implement the MSP/tenant support. (promised feature in v10, only delivered in v11), And now they just destroy it again in an update. I guess it will take years again.

Hey @Bart, spoke with the support engineer and we are going to organize a call with yourself and our MSP product manager to take this further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bart , wanted to follow up and see if you’ve had a chat with our MSP product manager (and the outcome).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing solution:

With the assistance of development on session we discussed the concerns with multiple accounts and tenant behavior.

- The proposed solution was to add the user or group to the list of tenant operators for the respective tenant.
- From the company the user can add an existing user from another company to be granted access to more than one company without needing to create a duplicate user account with the same email address

Next Steps
---------------
- You are testing this out further in your environment and will follow up with any questions or feedback

Case was then archived.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If anything changes on this issue, please update the thread accordingly!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There was never a solution to this, we just gave up….it needs to stop somewhere.
So no,the WORKAROUND described here doesn’t work. (it’s redicilous that we need to show commvault the limitations of their own product, and that we need to explain that users can work on different tenants)
Commvault is not for MSP’s anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , I’m 100% there with you: you should get a valid solution.

However, I don’t see any reply on your side after the suggestion from dev was documented.

Can you you get the incident reactivated and share your feedback?  It doesn’t look like that was ever added to the case.