Question

Hyper-V in pause mode stop or failes back-up with Intellisnap

Badge +1

If you have one node in pause mode inside a hyper-v cluster and start a backup on a clustershared volume with Intellisnap enabled the job failed because of the node that is in pause mode.

Is there an option or solution to work around this?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @HenkR ,

What error/failures are you seeing specifically here?

In the contents of the subclient, have you entered only the CSV Volume?
Is this CSV owned on another Hyper-V Node in the cluster?

Do all the HV Nodes have the VirtualServer Agent installed?
Are all of the HV Nodes (with VSA Installed) listed in the Hypervisors/Proxies Tab of the Cluster’s Virtualisation Client? (check subclient properties too).

Regards,

Michael 

Badge +1

Hi,

Yes, Content selection is the actual cluster shared volume (disk)

CHyperVinfo2:: ConnectHyperVSDKForCluster() - Cluster Node [XXXXXHOST] is paused or down.

CHyperVInfo2:: - Could not find HyperV SDK for host [XXXXXHOST] key [XXXXXHOST]

Error Code : [72:106] Description : Could not establish connection host [XXXXXHOST.

HOST] results may be incomplete. > Proces vsdiscovery.

MA and VSA are installed on every node on the cluster.

Start the server in operational state and back-up works fine.

Otherwise the MEDIA agent (MAGLIB] and mount server must be in a domain or backup also it does not work at all.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks @HenkR , 

What’s the Hyper-V/OS version you’re working with here?
So the Job is failing since it cannot communicate to that node to discover the machines/configs from that cluster node.

If you remove the offline HV Node from the Virtualisation Client’s Nodes Tab in the properties, then run another Job. - Does it complete?

Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back on this matter.

The Hyper-V Cluster is running on Windows 2019 Datacenter Edition.

I tried to remove the node there but the pseudo client scan's the cluster and discover the node anyhow and tries to connect/discover to it and job also fails.

But in any circumstance if a node is in a “maintenance” this should not be an issue. And CommVault should skip this server anyhow in my opinion.

Regards,

Henk

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If the Node is in “Maintenance” and all roles have been evacuated, then skipping it would totally make sense.

@Mike Struening - I think this one might be worth a Support Case, unless the team can find anything?

Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@HenkR I agree with @MichaelCapon ,  This looks like a candidate for a Support Incident.  Appreciate his wise advice and efforts (as always….the guy is a huge help!!) though at this point things are not working as we should expect.

Can you send me the case number so I can follow up accordingly?

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi,

The incident number is 210611-260

With Regards,

Henk

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks, @HenkR !  I’ll keep an eye on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks, @HenkR !  I unmarked the ‘Best Answer’ since I want to be sure we capture the eventual/actual solution for posterity :nerd: