Solved

Hyperscale X Reference Architecture VLAN

• 11 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

Concerning deploying the node of Hyperscale X Reference Architecture, is it possible to confgure Network Bonding for DPN and SPN to define multiple VLAN-tagged interfaces on a single 802.3ad trunk? Also, is it possible to use NetworkManager/nmtui?

Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Justin Wolf 14 June 2021, 23:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Justin Wolf , If i have Hyperscale X Reference Architecture with design specification HPE Proliant Server, the manual configuration is the same  procedure  that HSX Server Appliance?

Thank you very much! 

Yes it should be the same, although I think their may be one or two extra things if there is a CommServe deployed with the Commvault appliance as there is extra networking configuration involved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

At this time VLAN configuration on a bond for HSX requires manual configuration via the CLI. Full support for this is being added to the web installer in an upcoming release, but you can follow the steps below to add tagged VLAN interfaces until it is available.

1. Deploy the HSX Storage Pool normally, using one of the standard network options (Redundant or Basic connections). See Deploying the Nodes With HyperScale X Reference Architecture for details
  2. Whenever your making network changes on the HyperScale X nodes, the cluster should be shutdown to avoid any potential cluster or data access issues. Follow the steps outlined here to shutdown the cluster: Stopping and Starting the HyperScale X Reference Architecture Cluster
  3. On each node configure the tagged vlan interfaces using the steps outlined in “Procedure 11.4. Configuring the VLAN on the Server “: Configuring a VLAN over a bond
  4. Verify connectivity on each interface on each node
  5. Re-start the cluster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the question!  Are you referring to setting up VLANs during deployment or after the fact?

At the moment, you need to configure VLANs post install, though we looking at changing this  for a future release.

Badge +3

Hi Mike! 

Is referring to setting up VLANs during deployment. Do you have a procedure that explains how to configure the VLANs after the installation, because I would like to configure the hyperscale in LACP mode with an aggregation of 4 interfaces of 3 differents VLANs (DPN, SPN and Replication) in trunk.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Badge +3

Hi @Justin Wolf , If i have Hyperscale X Reference Architecture with design specification HPE Proliant Server, the manual configuration is the same  procedure  that HSX Server Appliance?

Thank you very much!