Solved

Intellinsap:Backup copy scheduling

• 14 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I am trying to make sure that all the backup copies finsih successfully without making the overall media agent slow.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/101443_turning_off_parallel_backup_copy_capability.html

I have Subclients 1,2,3,4,5,6 datastores going to SP copies (snap, disk, tape).

I want to make sure that the backup copies run serially. So have created a schedule to start the backup copy job automatically every 120 minutes. 

Do I need the above key or the backup options setting → No of Jobs to Run: No. of Simultaneous Jobs to run =1 > Run all the backup copy jobs serially? 

Will this also affect the synthetic fulls backups so that they are triggered one after the other every 2 hours? 

icon

Best answer by Dan White 14 September 2021, 15:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @neuwiesener !

This setting should affect ANY backup workflow from running if another one is already doing so.  I would expect Synth Fulls to be included.

I’ll ask if anyone can confirm.

Edit: @Dan White confirmed I was mistaken!  Synth Fulls not affected.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @neuwiesener 

You should be fine the way it is configured without the key.

Additionally, this will not affect any synthetic full operations!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/101443_turning_off_parallel_backup_copy_capability.html I appears that there are parallel backup copies that are running despite this setting. Not sure if it is coming into effect! I set it on the commcell as it cannot be added on the vsa pseudo client. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@neuwiesener , I’ll talk to @Dan White and see what the expectation is here….if this is intended to affect the client side, then it might not work for your needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@neuwiesener , apologies for the delayed response.  How are things running?  Based on @Dan White ‘s advice, Synth Fulls will not be impacted,