Solved

job results folder full

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Question: where is the job results , base and temp folder located on the client, I can see temp but there is nothing inside it.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 28 July 2021, 16:12

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @gary mcneely !

All detailed here (along with how to move it):

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.21/expert/6588_changing_path_of_job_results_directory.html

By default, the path is software_installation_directory\iDataAgent\JobResults.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Question: where is the job results , base and temp folder located on the client, I can see temp but there is nothing inside it.

Hello!

Can anyone know how to change the “default” Job results folder for o365 clients?
Because there isn't any Job Configuration tab, in Advanced.

Thank you in advance,
Nikos

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Nikos.Kyrm 

The V2 Office 365 agents leverage a shared job results directory that can be changed from the Command Center on the configuration tab. This is a shared job results so that all access nodes are able to update the directory

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

@Nikos.Kyrm

The V2 Office 365 agents leverage a shared job results directory that can be changed from the Command Center on the configuration tab. This is a shared job results so that all access nodes are able to update the directory

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your reply, but there isn't any job directory path to edit in the Exchange online configuration TAB.

The Commvault version is v.11.24.29.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Nikos.Kyrm  Sorry skipped a step click on edit next to the Access nodes.

You should see this:

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

@Nikos.Kyrm  Sorry skipped a step click on edit next to the Access nodes.

You should see this:

@Scott Reynolds Still, something is wrong. I have 2 CV environments with v.11.24.29 and both don't have the job results. I opened also a ticket for this issue (Incident 220331-441).

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Nikos.Kyrm

Okay thanks will check the case and follow up also.

In this screenshot you clicked on edit next to access nodes or index server? Either way see the case and will follow up on that TR. 

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

@Nikos.Kyrm

Okay thanks will check the case and follow up also.

In this screenshot you clicked on edit next to access nodes or index server?

@Scott Reynolds 

Wrong picture, you are right.

This is the correct one :)

Badge

Is there is a way to purge the job results directory? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’ve ran into issues before restoring a large SQL DB when the job results directory is located in C:\ and it fills the drive up. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hi all,

In latest CV versions, the only way to change the Job results directory is by adding a “Client Group” as an Access Node from o365 → Configuration → Infrastructure settings → edit Access Node.

Then, when select a “client group” you will be able to edit the Shared job Results path.

I hope that helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Is there is a way to purge the job results directory? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’ve ran into issues before restoring a large SQL DB when the job results directory is located in C:\ and it fills the drive up. 

Hi there,

If you are aware that you have a huge SQL DB to restore, then I suggest you to :

• change the jobresults location of your client where you need to perform the restore to, to a location where you would have free space of the size of your DB to restore (target size highly depends on your SQL instance structure)
  • then start your restore operation to that client
  • When restore job is complete, revert your jobresults setting if you need to match your ‘standards’

Regarding job results pruning/cleaning, you can edit your client’s properties to prune job results after X days, and / or change the low space threshold value. I guess that if you set one of both values to something that would initiate the pruning of the folder, then it would clean. But that’s might not solve your problem for the restore.. It could just clean your last attempts..