Solved

Job update time lacking behind

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Something that is annoying me for some time now is that we often see running jobs with a job update time that is lacking behind for 15 min. and more. This has an effect on the information like average speed and also gives a "incorrect” indication to the end-user performing a backup/recovery. Especially during a restore this is seen so a user has no idea how long the recovery will take.

I did some investigation already but without results. Anyone an idea if there is something to tweak? 

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 3 May 2021, 15:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This is just an example (2 hours 53 minutes) for the last job status update to occur……. A running Sybase restore. Customer asking for information like can you give an estimate how long it will take and how much data was restored already? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Onno van den Berg 

Thanks for the question, this has come up before in support, specifically for Sybase restores.

There is CMR 310984 open to improve job progress reporting for Sybase restore jobs.

It also appears progress may get updated after each DB restore, but of course that’s inefficient and unhelpful if the restore only covers a single DB.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Stuart Painter ,

Good to hear, but looking at the CMR number it was created recently so I assume it will take some time before we can expect something to be released. Can you attach the CMR to our account or do I need to open a support request for it? 

Regards,

Onno

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Onno van den Berg 

There is another CMR 309028 for the same request, these appear to be duplicates of essentially the same issue.

I will tag both of these so you can track, however the tagging is at Commcell level, so that progress can be displayed on Commvault Cloud Dashboard.

Thanks,

Stuart