Solved

Kubernetes Container Path

• 12 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community,
My name is Kamil.

I need your help with Kubernetes. 

The client configured backups on the Kubernetes cluster, unfortunately, when an attempt is made to backup the components to which PVC is attached, an auxiliary container is created, whose task is to copy data from persistent volume. Unfortunately, the Pod is created automatically by Commvault, along with the image's path.

In the case of Client configuration, they do not have posted traffic to official docker repositories, therefore Pods hang in the ImagePullBackoff state. They've already tested manually changing the address of a broken Pod's image to the same image in their private docker registry, which was successful. 

The client sent an example of the configuration they use.

“For example, for Poda rabbitmq-0 with pvc attached, it was created Pod/ data-xyz-cv-1816940. In Pod configuration:
spec:
containers:
- command:
- / bin / sh
- -c
- tail -f / dev / null
image: debian: stretch-slim”

I am asking you for help on how to permanently change path of the painting in the deployed Pods.

Thanks for help.

Regards,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by amitkar 18 May 2021, 21:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate that!  Let us know what you hear.

Userlevel 4

Hello @Mike Struening 

I haven't received any information from the client yet. I'll try to contact him.

Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kamil , have you heard back from the customer yet?  Let us know if any of the above helped resolve.

Userlevel 4

Hello,

Thank you @amitkar for the information. I forwarded it to the client, but I am still waiting for an answer from him.

Regards,
Kamil

Badge +2

Along with the key specified by @Dan White one additional key needs to be set as follows :

Name : sK8sUseImageRegistry

Category : VirtualServer

Type: String

Set the value to “Custom”. This will enable the software to use the custom registry URL specified by the other key @Dan White referenced.

Userlevel 4

Hello,

Thank you @Dan White for that, I forwarded it to the client. I'll be back with the information ASAP.

Regards,

Kamil

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Kamil 

This is likely because there is no access to the public Docker registry.

Can you add this additional setting to the Access Node? How to add additional setting.

Name: sK8sImageRegistryUrl

Category: VirtualServer

Type: String

Set the value to a private registry URL along with port, if any. For example, cvregistry.cv.com:5000.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mathew Ericson may be able to help with this one, or @amitkar