Solved

Linux file system restore job is completed but approx. 80k objects are skipped

• 12 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

could anyone say something about restoring all files from the date a Synthetic full has been created and all subsequent incremental. I did restore:based on the jobs given a time range selection from Oct 5 7.00pm it restored 2000 files but skipped nearly 80k files but don’t know why. It’s seems like only the files from the most recent incremental were restored and the others are actively skipped? Anyone, experience, or an idea? I’ve been able to restore all files + incrementals like that and getting it all, but not this time.

icon

Best answer by Scott Moseman 12 October 2021, 14:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Vishal 

How did you perform the restore?

If you performed restore by job, by selecting a particular job to restore, then this is the expected result.

The method of restore will depend on what you need achieve from the restore.

Do you need to restore just a subset of files or the entire filesytem?

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

Hi @Stuart Painter 

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually, subclient content set to / and we need to restore all content by selecting time range from 5th Oct (Synthetic full) to all subsequent incremental job till 11th Oct. 

i’ve attached screen shot of few skipped files

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Vishal 

Take a look at Restore - Linux File System.

You can specify a time range for the browse, then select the content you would like to restore and Recover All Selected….

Assuming there is a full backup available within the time range proposed, otherwise you will need to restore the nearest full backup to the time range first or expand the time range to include the full backup.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

@Stuart Painter Thanks for sharing details. 
I will have a look into it and update you accordingly. 

Do you have an idea about what all these skipped file which i mentioned in screen shot?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Do you have an idea about what all these skipped file which i mentioned in screen shot?

You appear to have data which is newer than the backup; we won’t overwrite by default.

If you want to overwrite them, consider using the “Unconditionally overwrite” option.

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +2

@Scott Moseman Really appreciated your response. I’ll work accordingly.