Solved

Mass owner remove based on security group?

Badge +3

hey all!

I have a support group that by mistake was not marked as ‘Laptops admin’ and now they are owners of lot’s of laptops.

how can I remove them from all laptops?

any script for this?

many thanks!

Yirmi

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 11 May 2021, 10:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @yirmio 

Thanks for the question and welcome to the Community!

We have a few command line scripts available for managing Owner Security.

The one that looks best for this use case is: Removing Owners from a Client Using the Command Line Interface

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

thanks @Stuart Painter 

i’ll use it!

i’m running those commands from a dedicated server, do you know what should i install on it in order to use this API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @yirmio 

These are command line options provided by the Commserve, so no installation needed except Commvault.

You will need to authenticate with the Commserve using qlogin first, then you will be able to execute the commands as described.

The simplest approach here may be to login to the Commserve, open a command prompt, run qlogin to authenticate and execute the commands from there.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Hi @yirmio 

These are command line options provided by the Commserve, so no installation needed except Commvault.

You will need to authenticate with the Commserve using qlogin first, then you will be able to execute the commands as described.

The simplest approach here may be to login to the Commserve, open a command prompt, run qlogin to authenticate and execute the commands from there.

Thanks,

Stuart

thanks

The server running the command has no Commvault client at all ....

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@yirmio , you need to run these commands on a server with CV software.  As @Stuart Painter mentioned, the easiest way is on the Commserve itself:

Badge +3

@yirmio , you need to run these commands on a server with CV software.  As @Stuart Painter mentioned, the easiest way is on the Commserve itself:

thanks! that's exactly what I did, working perfect!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@yirmio that’s great news, glad to hear it’s working well for you.

Thanks,

Stuart