Solved

Metallic Cloud Storage solution (MCSS) shows offline

• 1 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My CommVault cloud media agent is offline.  Is there a problem with the CV cloud services?  I’m in Canada if that makes any difference.

Ken

icon

Best answer by Ken_H 9 April 2021, 15:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

When I look at the properties of the library, there’s a box labelled “Offline Reason”.  It contains the following:

> All mount paths of library are offline

Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Ken_H , I just checked and it is definitely slow on my end (in lovely New Jersey).

I’m reaching out to our cloud team, so will update once I have more!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Ken_H , I just saw your second comment…..think we must have replied close to the same time; I now realize you meant the cloud LIBRARY, not our cloud services SITE.

Are you using Metallic Cloud Storage?  Let me know if that is the case, and how it is working now (the latter being far more important than the former)!

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello Mike,

Yes, I am using CommVault Metallic Cloud storage.  And yes, it still shows as being offline.  I have support ticket 210401-484 open on this issue.  The support analyst on that ticket suggested I run CloudTestTool.exe which I tried.  Unfortunately CommVault Metallic Cloud is not one of the options in that utility so… definitely room for improvement there.

Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for sharing the case number.  I’m going to edit your title to help others find it easier.

I’ll reach out to some people about the Cloud tool limitation as well.

Edit: your case is owned by Alexis who is absolutely amazing and brilliant.  I’m discussing the tool requirements with her to ensure our dev team hear and address!

Badge

@Ken_H 
At the moment, only Cloud Storage Explorer is the supported tool when it comes to Metallic Cloud Storage.
https://documentation.commvault.com/11.21/expert/131705_tools_for_metallic_cloud_storage.html
We do have a CMR to add Metallic Cloud Storage as an option in Cloud Test Tool. (CMR: 302796 for reference)

I have also updated our case with some additional details as well as next steps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Just to wrap this up:  The problem was related to authentication to the CommVault Metallic cloud service.  CommVault support ran a couple of commands that were beyond end-user knowledge to fix the problem plus we upgraded from 11.21.20 to 11.21.27 as there’s a fix that prevents this problem from reoccurring. 

Thanks for the support.

Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

thanks for the update, @Ken_H !!  Glad to hear all is well.