Solved

Microstack environnement

• 25 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello,

I'm trying to build  a microstack environment.

This one is  mounted on an Ubuntu 20.04 (100 Go with 192 M RAM)

I have access to the dashboard and the deployment of cirros is ok.

I downloaded the FREL openstack model on the platform but  impossible to deploy the instance.

Are there any prerequisites for the deployment of the FREL Image ?

thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 26 June 2021, 10:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @virgil 

Here are the details for Deploying a File Recovery Enabler for Linux with OpenStack.

This isn’t specifically Microstack, but it’s built on OpenStack. Since Microstack is in beta, there may be some differences we aren’t aware of, but hopefully OpenStack documentation helps.

There are some things listed to be considered:

Before You Begin

• Before creating an instance for Linux file restores, install the latest available service pack for Commvault on the CommServe host and Virtual Server Agent.
  • Use the latest available version of the File Recovery Enabler template. The template version must match the installed service pack version.
  • The File Recovery Enabler must be deployed on the same OpenStack cloud and within the same region or domain where the proxy instance is running. Optionally, you can reconfigure the File Recovery Enabler to act as a VSA proxy, in which case the File Recovery Enabler consumes a Virtual Server license.
  1. From the OpenStack Horizon dashboard, create an image based on the V11 OpenStack Ready FREL Image template.

Use the following options when creating the image:

• Image File: Select the FREL_OpenStack_SP5.qcow2 template.
    • Format: Select QCOW2 - QEMU Emulator.
    • Minimum Disk (GB): Provide at least 40 GB.
    • Minimum RAM (MB): Provide at least 2048 MB RAM.

The Launch Instance wizard appears. You can use default options except as noted in the following steps.

Thanks,

Stuart