Solved

NetApp SnapMirror-Label - How do you set these?

• 8 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Version 11.24

I was using a setup with open-replication SVM1 as source and auxcopy to SVM2 as the destination.

I was working with a script to set NetApp snapshot snapmirror-label.

I was using the Label “CVDaily”. After have getting this to work I noticed that the snapshots was starting to get a label “IntelliSnap”, which wasn’t there in the beginning.

What is the procedure to have CV use this label for all NetApp Snapshots every time?

There is no references in the current documentation so, it looks like a ‘hidden’ feature.

Source:

Source view. Notice 1 SP snapshot with my label and next 2 with IntelliSnap label

The feature request for adding snapmirror-label is still open - but maybe there was a kind developer somewhere after all :)

icon

Best answer by Jordan 9 November 2021, 00:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @JensDK ,

Commvault does not have support for custom snap labels at the moment, snaps follow built in snap labeling formats.

You mentioned a feature request to add this feature, do you have more details on this so I can check internally?

Thank you

Badge +1

@Jordan 

From which version is the NetApp snapshot snapmirror-label being used?

Previously it was blank. What exact setting enables this - or is it on by default from this version and forward?

For my current case it is just fine that there is a label, for now it doesn’t have to be customizable.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@JensDK , do you have a change request in with us to provide this feature?  If you can provide me with the number I can check its status.

Badge +1

I don’t have the request, I just had a CV consultant checking for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ok, if the person is a CV employee, let me know and I can reach out tos ee if there is a CMR.

I’ll defer to @Jordan regarding your other question.

Badge

Hi,

We’re facing a similar issue where it would be useful to have snapmirror-label option on the snapshotvolumes “SP_*” at the moment the snapshot is taken by Commvault.

Any CMR or SP/MR/Hotfix which allows us to do?

I couldn’t find any information about this in the documentation.

Running SP25.28 / Ontapp 9.8P8

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Fredski , good question,  @JensDK , were you able to confirm a CMR for this?

If not, @Fredski you can create a support case so they can create the CMR for you (and then we can post it here).