Solved

New backup plan to existing users

Badge +3

Hey all,

before raising a ticket to support I want to know if I miss something.

I’ve created a new backup plan (call it ‘B’) and assigned it to users group based on AD group.

the AD group contains about 500 users, some new and some already exist in CV.

For the new users plan ‘B’ is assigned successfully during activation.

The issue is with existing user that already assigned to plan ‘A’.

I have a workflow to run on all users in a group and assign the respective plan to their laptops, but the issue is that the users are not present in the users group although that they do exist in the AD group.

What do I miss?

Thanks

Yirmi

icon

Best answer by Arvind Lakra 15 June 2021, 21:55

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Yirmio!

Documentation for associating users with Plans: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/essential/86832_associating_users_with_plans_01.html

You should be able to modify their associated entities from the old plan “A” to the new “B”.

Please give this a shot and let us know if you find success with this!

Badge +3

Hello Yirmio!

Documentation for associating users with Plans: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/essential/86832_associating_users_with_plans_01.html

You should be able to modify their associated entities from the old plan “A” to the new “B”.

Please give this a shot and let us know if you find success with this!

thanks, the issue is that the user is in more than one group so his new plan is not updated...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Do the other groups have plans associated with them too?

Badge +3

Do the other groups have plans associated with them too?

Sure

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@yirmio,

Is users in above user Group are exclusive to them or are they part of some other user group too, which have plan associated to themalso ?

Badge +3

@yirmio,

Is users in above user Group are exclusive to them or are they part of some other user group too, which have plan associated to themalso ?

users are in both AD groups, but in console i can see them only in the first group, not the new one...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Generally we auto refresh Ad user groups association once every 7 days . Are they associated in AD for more than that ?

Also, in case of users being associated to 2 different user groups (both having different plan associated), do you also want to prioritize one over another too ? Like plan should come from User Group A only and not from User group B  for common user in both group ?

Badge +3

Generally we auto refresh Ad user groups association once every 7 days . Are they associated in AD for more than that ?

Also, in case of users being associated to 2 different user groups (both having different plan associated), do you also want to prioritize one over another too ? Like plan should come from User Group A only and not from User group B  for common user in both group ?

1. new group added 2 days ago, can i change this sync time or trigger it manually? (sync button not doing it...)
  2. yes, I do want to prioritize it, but as far as i know it’s impossible ‘out-of-the-box’, and i have a workflow for it but the issue is that the existing users are not synced to the group in CV.
    @Arvind Lakra

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Please try setting additional setting - “nStaleCredsCheckHeartBeat”  to change default value.

what is commserv SP ?

I will check and let you know about #1. We might be able to achieve same with workflow. 

Badge +3

Please try setting additional setting - “nStaleCredsCheckHeartBeat”  to change default value.

what is commserv SP ?

I will check and let you know about #1. We might be able to achieve same with workflow. 

Commserv Version: 11.20.40

should i set this additional setting in Commcell level or i can test it on one user before?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It has to be on commcell level only. 

Badge +3

It has to be on commcell level only. 

@Arvind Lakra done, no change…

it looks like users are being added to ‘Users Group’ only during activation...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@yirmio , at this point, it is likely best to open a support incident.

Can you send me the case number once you do so I can track it accordingly?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@yirmio ,

I missed replying. Correct key name for your purpose is - NumberOfDaysForADCredentialCheck. This key can be set in days and update all missing AD user and user group associations. Minimum number of days is 1. Setting is for commcell level. 

We have a workflow also, which we will upload in store(by tomorrow or day after that) and that can be used for your purpose (migrating all users and there laptops to plan set for the selected AD user group in the workflow). Will add more details on that workflow, once uploaded to store.

Badge +3

@yirmio ,

I missed replying. Correct key name for your purpose is - NumberOfDaysForADCredentialCheck. This key can be set in days and update all missing AD user and user group associations. Minimum number of days is 1. Setting is for commcell level. 

We have a workflow also, which we will upload in store(by tomorrow or day after that) and that can be used for your purpose (migrating all users and there laptops to plan set for the selected AD user group in the workflow). Will add more details on that workflow, once uploaded to store.

Thanks @Arvind Lakra  - this solved my issue.