Solved

O365 Teams App Creation

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Has anyone managed to create a Teams application?

I’m getting account@domain does not have a valid license, please assign valid Office 365 license to the user when creating the app after is has gone through the authorize step. The screen for the last step also shows “An error occurred while acquiring the token.”

The account I’m using is a global admin and has a basic O365 license. I can log in and send/receive mails so it is licensed. BoL is severely lacking on content on how to create an Office 365 Teams app in Command Center but what is there shows the requirements which we seem to have met. We’re running CV 11.22.18.

icon

Best answer by Mike London UK 20 April 2021, 17:30

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Mike London UK , appreciate the message!

I’m having the same trouble finding it in our documentation.

Let me speak to some internal folks and get a definitive answer AND get the docs updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I heard back from one of our engineers that we need a license which has "teams service component" enabled in it.  Can you log onto the o365 admin portal and ensure the used account has that license?

I’ll engage our documentation team to get this updated clearly.

I did want to add that the 11.23 docs on Teams are much better than the 11.20 one:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/essential/131814_teams.html

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What kind of  Office 365 license is does the user have?

We need a user assigned with an Office 365 plan which has “Teams service” enabled.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Mike Struening , @Manas Mutha thanks for the replies. The account has a “Microsoft 365 Business Basic” license. Not sure where I find out if that includes “teams service component” but I’ll have a dig a round and also ask our main Azure support people in the morning (UK time). 

I did look at FR22 and FR23 docs but was looking at Expert option (I really hate this new BoL segregated layout).

I’ll report back if I find what’s required to be be changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Understood on BOL.  It’s a semi new breakout (the Expert parts are only for customers in Maintenance) so if you see anything amiss, click the little feedback button and our documentation team will tighten it up.

I gave a quick look on the various license types and can see that Basic is the entry tier, so I expect it lacks the Teams Service:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/compare-all-microsoft-365-business-products

Here’s a doc on the Teams Service:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/teams-service-description

Clicking the License Requirements/find what’s right for you doesn’t really answer either:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/compare-microsoft-teams-options?rtc=1

Curious to see what your Azure people can share.  I’ll keep an eye on your reply.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

From my reading of the linked docs, “Teams Service Component” just means Teams (like Exchange and SharePoint). That being the case the account we’re using has that component. It is able to log in to the Office portal and can run Teams successfully.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mike London UK , in that case, I would suggest opening a case with support.  Sounds like the error message is incorrect.

Let me know once you do and send me the case number so I can track the resolution.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Mike Struening I have just raised 210419-273 for this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have the same issue. I am using the global admin for my metallic test account and for my commvault environment. In metallic the global admin works but not in the commvault env. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks, @Mike London UK !  I’ll keep an eye on the case and share the solution back here (assuming you don’t beat me to it)!

@flokaiser , probably wise to open an incident as well in case there’s a larger issue at hand.  You can mention this thread to assist the engineer connect the dots.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@flokaiser I had the below with my ticket so might be worth checking these up front.

Please review below

-Check license details from the O365 portal and check if it has E3 license for the Service account which is used for configuration.
-Check and make sure that the account has an Active Mailbox in Exchange Online
-Check the .NET framework version installed on the Web Server:
-Make sure that .NET version is 4.7.03062 or higher

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We installed .NET Framework 4.7.03062 on our Commserve (web server) as well as 11.22.19 (from 11.22.18). I assume it’s the .NET FW change that has sorted the issue. We did not need to allocate an E3 license.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@flokaiser, @Mike Struening I think the main requirement is for . NET Framework 4.7 on the Web server.

The account must be a global admin and have an active mailbox 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I installed .net 4.7 and now everything works as expected. thanks for your help :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@flokaiser glad to hear that worked for you