Solved

Office 365 apps

• 24 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Recently I twice created an Office 365 app using Command Center in 2 different CommCells (both SP22.13) and they didn't show up in the Java CommCell Console. Is this expected behavior or should they become visible in the CommCell Console? Type of 1 one of them is SharePoint Online (as opposed to SharePoint Online (Classic)).

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 24 March 2021, 11:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

When you configure 365 Apps in Command Center it doesn’t create a new client (for Sharepoint) in Java. - I believe that you will see the Application and BackupSet/Subclients under the Agent on the “Access Node” specified.

Example: AccessNode > Sharepoint Server > Documents

Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

That's what I thought, but unfortunately I see nothing under the access node. I have created an Office 365 App in Command Center, it's there, but it doesn't show up in the CommCell Console. I will investigate this, thanks, I am sure this will be solved somehow.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @iConsultant,

I’ve just tested in FR22.13 also.

The behaviour for any new SharePoint Online Apps added via Command Center is that a Client does indeed get created but it will not show in CommCell Console. It will only ever be visible in Command Center as far as I understand. This is expected behaviour.

The description by @MichaelCapon is true up to FR21 I believe where SharePoint Online Apps added are appended with ‘(Classic)’ as you’ve noted. 

Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks for this feedback! To be precise, for Exchange, it did not show a Client or SubClient in the Java Console, but it did show the “Server Plan”(Storage Policy). For SharePoint, it neither shows the BackupSet, nor the “Office365 Plan” that needed to be created. As long as this is as designed, it's fine for me.