Solved

Offline Mining Tool for Exchange 2019

• 3 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi All,

Is the Offline Mining Tool compatible with Exchange 2019?
Unfortunately I cannot use the live browse as the backup is performed on a VTL library. With Exchange 2013 it works fine. Now when I try to open the restored DB (Exchange 2019) I see the following errors:

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 3 May 2021, 16:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Gabriele Palumbo 

Thanks for the question.

It looks like DBs for Exchange Server 2007 - 2013 are supported: Preinstallation Checklist for the Exchange Offline Mining Tool

Supported Exchange Server Versions

• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to 2013.

However, there are a number of support cases related to this issue, so I’ll add some troubleshooting steps in here just to see if these help.

Please confirm the pre-requisites have been met from Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database

Before You Begin

Preinstallation Checklist for the Exchange Offline Mining Tool suggests Visual C++ Redistributable may also be required to read and interpret the .dll files.

Preconfigure the Exchange Server

For installing the Exchange Offline Mining Tool on Exchange 2013, perform the following:

• Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012. For more information, see Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012.
  • If you installed Exchange Server 2013 SP1 (minimum) or a later service pack, download the appropriate Microsoft Security Advisory Package as described in the Microsoft Support article "Microsoft Security Advisory: Insecure library loading could allow remote code execution": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533623. Install the package on the same client where the Exchange Offline Mining Tool is installed.

Thanks,

Stuart