Solved

One email address for multiple CommCells

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Community

We have two Commcells, one based here in the UK and one in the US.  The issue I have is I cannot use one email address to log calls in both environments.  It seems sub accounts do not have the ability to do this.  I spoke to support and they sent me this Sub-Account MANAGEMENT IN THE MAINTENANCE ADVANTAGE CUSTOMER SUPPORT PORTAL (commvault.com)  however there is no mention of merging accounts to use both CommCell’s.  This was something that our account manager said could be done.

Alas, Im struggling to see how this is done, as I get this message when ting to create a new sub account and get this message on the US Commcell

Please be advised that e-mail addresses must be unique to each contact. If you are looking to add a contact with the e-mail address Tony.Queen@aggreko.co.uk to your account because they are not listed in your Sub-Account Management page, this means that this e-mail address has already been used to create a Maintenance Advantage account and that account is not associated with your primary account CommCell 

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 31 August 2021, 15:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @TonyQ , thanks for the thread!  I see the case you created in mid July and it looks like it was closed without any real solution.

I’ll reach out to the Maintenance Advantage team and have them reactivate the case and reach out.  There are some limitations with unique IDs, but they might be able to simply merge the accounts into 1 which would resolve your issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey Mike,

Hope you are well and thanks for the reply.  I think that’s what they were trying to do for me which would be a great help.

thanks

Tony

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to help!  They should have reached out to you by now, so keep me posted!