Solved

Oracle Backup Archive Index Failure

• 16 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

I am getting an indexing error on some Oracle RAC instances. The job automatically retries and manages to complete the indexing the second or third time. The problem does not occur on all instances but only on some. I have verified that it shows up on both RAC v.11 and v.12 clients. Below is the detail and the message in the archiveindex.log.

Media Agent extract archiveindex.log:

3952  2574  09/15 00:23:59 922655 Valid Afile [1001624] is not found in generated logs,  path [I:\IndexCache\CvIdxLogs\2\9EFD2ACC-3797-429D-A30A-BD283158776F\J922655] Setting Hard Indexing Failure

icon

Best answer by Gowri Shankar 22 September 2021, 16:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@Mike Struening

Hi Mike, do you have any news?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Gabriele Palumbo , apologies, I was out sick.  Followed up with my contact a few minutes ago.  We’ll get you a response :nerd:

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Gabriele Palumbo,

Whats the service pack level used.

Could you share the RMAN log to verify this.

Please also confirm if a table browse is enabled on the sub-client advanced options tab?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gabriele Palumbo , following up on this one.  I don’t see any cases created in your name so I’d rather assume the issue is still occurring.

Have you had a chance to collect the RMAN logs for @Gowri Shankar to review, as well as confirm if a table browse is enabled on the sub-client advanced options tab?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gabriele Palumbo , I have some Oracle folks I asked to chime in.

What’s interesting is that the files appear to be gone, but randomly.  Is this the same Media Agent across the clients?  It looks like we laid down the indexing, but couldn’t find it to save after the fact.

I have a few initial thoughts (playback delays?) but I’ll defer to our Oracle folks once they respond here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gabriele Palumbo , have you had a chance to collect the RMAN logs for @Gowri Shankar to review, as well as confirm if a table browse is enabled on the sub-client advanced options tab?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Gabriele Palumbo , wanted to follow up one more time.  Have you had a chance to collect the RMAN logs for @Gowri Shankar to review, as well as confirm if a table browse is enabled on the sub-client advanced options tab?

Thanks!