Solved

Remove CommCells from cloud.commvault.com

• 31 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I work for a MSP, and as a matter of course we add CommCells we manage to the Commvault Cloud Metrics Reporting site, (I currently have 27 CommCells linked there), but over time we stop managing some CommCells but there is no way to remove them once they have been added (that I can see).

Is there a way to remove a CommCell once it’s been added?

icon

Best answer by Eugene Trautwein 1 February 2021, 03:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Michael Woodward 

Hope you had a nice weekend! 

I do not believe this is presently possible (at least not with my account either).

My recommendations would be to:

1. Go to the cloud.commvault.com site 
  2. Top right there is a ‘Help’ option 
  3. Select this and then select ‘Contact Us’ 
  4. You then have the capability to leave your details and question(s)
  5. I would list the CCIDs that you would like to have removed from your profile + ask for clarification if this is something you can do yourself 

What does this do you say?… Great Question! 

This will notify our cloud services team directly who can confirm either the process you can follow to disassociate CCIDs or they will do it for you.

Please let me know how you get on or if this helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Michael Woodward 

Hope you had a nice weekend! 

I do not believe this is presently possible (at least not with my account either).

My recommendations would be to:

1. Go to the cloud.commvault.com site 
  2. Top right there is a ‘Help’ option 
  3. Select this and then select ‘Contact Us’ 
  4. You then have the capability to leave your details and question(s)
  5. I would list the CCIDs that you would like to have removed from your profile + ask for clarification if this is something you can do yourself 

What does this do you say?… Great Question! 

This will notify our cloud services team directly who can confirm either the process you can follow to disassociate CCIDs or they will do it for you.

Alternatively, feel free to mail me directly at chollis@commvault.com and I can reach out to them on your behalf.

I did ask the question via “cloudservices@commvault.com” several months ago, and never really got a complete answer, the advice I had then was to create a sub-group of CommCells and add/remove CommCells to the groups as needed.

They also said there was the ability to disassociate the commcell from my companies usergroup in the back end, but that would then remove all users from my company from the CommCell (which may not be desired.)

It would be great to have an option to remove like on private metrics reporting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Michael Woodward Thank you for leveraging the community for this style of question.

Given the unique requirement of this request can you organise a case to be logged out with the list of Commcells, then we can work to get this covered for you.

We will also lodge an enhancement to make this easier to self-manage in future.

Please include a link to this thread on the case.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Michael Woodward Thank you for leveraging the community for this style of question.

Given the unique requirement of this request can you organise a case to be logged out with the list of Commcells, then we can work to get this covered for you.

Have logged 210201-33 for this - thanks for the prompt response @Eugene Trautwein 

Badge +2

Cloud.commvault.com is completely self-service.

Customers can turn off remote troubleshooting on the commcell if they don;t want the commcell to report to cloud. The commcell will get purged from cloud automatically if no data has been uploaded for 180 days.