Solved

schedule aux copy on except days

• 11 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello,

I would like for weekly tape backup jobs to create an exception the first 3 days of the month

For that I created an exception (except for 1, 2 and 3 firt day on month) in the auxiliary copy to tape task in schedule policy

however I have pending jobs not copied on October 02 in the weekly storage policies, which I don't want

I opened a case (incident 211005-210), the support told me that it was logical because implemented at the level of storage policies

How could I prevent the weekly backup copies from not being done every 1, 2 and 3 of each month ?

is it possible to configure it ?

thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 15 October 2021, 19:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @virgil !

To confirm, you are talking about exceptions to the schedule, right?

Remember that an Aux Copy ‘wants’ to back up jobs based on its settings; whether it runs daily, weekly, or monthly is irrelevant.  That only defines WHEN it will grab the jobs it ‘wants’.

Are you saying you don’t want the data from the first 3 days to get copied at all, or you don’t want the copy to run those days?

Let me know your end goal and we can see if something works for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Mike,

I would do not lauch aux copy the first 3 days of the month on weekly schedule aux copy.

yes i talk about exception on schedule policies

regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you don’t want it to run, but you still want the jobs copied, then that shouldn’t be an issue creating Schedule Exceptions.

However, if you don’t want the jobs copied AT ALL that run on those first 3 days, that’s a bit trickier unless you run manual Selective Aux Copies.

I want to be sure I’m focused properly before we can answer:

do you want those jobs from the first 3 days copied on the 4th day, or not at all?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

i would like to lauch schedule policies on Tape everyday except the first 3 days of the month and i don’t want that the jobs are copied on tape via selective aux copies. :

Day 1 to 3 → Not schedule and not copy to tape.

Day 4 to 31 → schedule and copy to tape.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@virgil , the only option I am aware of for this requirement would be to either manually select ONLY the jobs you want, or (the easier way) deselect the jobs you do NOT want.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Ok mike , thanks for your reply.

there is no way to configure it.

We do it manuelly for each time ?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That’s what I would suggest.  It’s the only mechanism I can find/think of for this use case.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Ok thanks for your time Mike.

have a nice day

regards