Solved

Service Pack Expiry

• 6 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello all,

Today, when I log to our Admin console from browser (I most time use commcell console), I got a notification for: “Service Pack Expiry”. When I go to details I got this pics:

Its the last SP we have on our system, and the date of expiration is strange, 2019! Is this some bug or?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Vladan Kojanic 8 September 2021, 14:08

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Vladan Kojanic 

Considering FR21 was released in September 2020, It’s a tad strange this displays the ‘SP’ as expired in June 2019. 

Could I ask you to please raise a support incident so we can investigate this further? There may be a software cache sync issue or similar causing this behaviour.

Thanks,

Chris ​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi, I had the exact message, and thought also about some bug, so ignored it..

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I had the exact message, and thought also about some bug, so ignored it..

Generally I do not like to have any errors on System and this is really strange to show for Commserv as there is the latest one SP. Maybe its better for CV to check and fix bug to avoid potential problem with client with old SP (if they ignore it too)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Vladan Kojanic 

Considering FR21 was released in September 2020, It’s a tad strange this displays the ‘SP’ as expired in June 2019. 

Could I ask you to please raise a support incident so we can investigate this further? There may be a software cache sync issue or similar causing this behaviour.

Thanks,

Chris ​​​​

Hi Chris, 

Yes I think its better to open a case to CV team can check. As I notice today I got information about new SP HPK53 so i will 1st upgrade our Commserv to the new SP, then will see what message I got in Admin console. If there is error message again I will open case. Will let you know.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

UPDATE: After updating to the latest SP21.53, we still have that notification for SP expiration.

I did send email to Commvault distributer channel to open a case for this.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Vladan Kojanic 

Well, I can’t get back to this part of the console and find the way to access this ‘report’. Can you please guide me step by step so I might also log a case on my side ? 

When I search the webconsole (or admin webconsole) for Reports containing ‘Service Pack’ no result is returned. This makes me crazy to no be able to find this out again.. :thinking:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Laurent,

I got that notification window when log to our web admin console and when click on "web console" panel. That notification screen appears in the upper right corner. There is link on it for more details and that is the print screen I post here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Vladan Kojanic , I’m with you: I don’t want to see any errors at all :nerd:

Can you share the CV case number once it is created?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

UPDATE: The fast Support team fixed this problem. As we opened case they found solution and told me that from SP this “version check” is not part of environment.

The solution is to add additional setting into cs client “commvault” to skip those checks:

Name : skipFetchServicePackExpiryDetailsFromDB
Category : CommServDB.Console
Type: BOOLEAN
Value: true 

We can close this Topic. Thanks all

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for posting the solution @Vladan Kojanic!

FR21 is certainly not expiring now, but will in December:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/2619_feature_release_schedule_and_lifecycles.html

FR24 is the next long term release and will last until June 2024 - recommend planning an update to that when you can.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for posting the solution @Vladan Kojanic!

FR21 is certainly not expiring now, but will in December:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/2619_feature_release_schedule_and_lifecycles.html

FR24 is the next long term release and will last until June 2024 - recommend planning an update to that when you can.

Hi Damian,

Usually we do wait to our Commcell inform us about the last SP that is ready for our system. We do receive a email > Type: Software Updates - Updates Available to Download 

When I go to commcell and choose Software download I only get the last SP that is offered for our system (look at pic) so I can’t choose 11.24

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Vladan Kojanic , looks like it is only giving you the latest MAINTENANCE Release, not the newest Feature Release.

Click the radio button for Feature Release and change the dropdown from 21 to a higher release.