Sigh

• 11 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Commvault expects users to wait days until the process gets killed or what? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I definitely agree; I’ve been here long enough to have encountered it, though things have gotten better than decades past.

Ideally if we could escalate an example (or each example), we could look at each one via dev and get permanent fixes down the line.

If you have any recent enough examples with logs, etc. create a case and let me know the number!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Mike Struening in general I also experience this annoyance quite often in where it takes an awful lot of time for a job to be killed or suspended. so it is not a single thing but I think other customers can elaborate on this as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , following up one more time as I know you are busy!

Let me know if you were able to open an incident so our dev team can look at the job interface and improve it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Bart , following up on this one.  Did you get a chance to create an incident so we can escalate and improve the job interface?

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Bart !  Hope all is well :blush:

Did you end up getting a case created for this one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , let me know the case number once created.

Thanks!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

ms sql server, 

Badge +1

Hi Bart,

can you confirm database type you are restoring? There are scenarios when you force kill, the database will be in inconsistent state so we are waiting for application.

If you can open a TR as Mike suggested, we can check this further and improve UX.

Thanks,

Brahma

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , can you escalate that for a fix and root cause?  Even if the job killed by now, this shouldn’t take that long.