Solved

Software Cache - Purging out older versions

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

after a successful Feature Release upgrade of all CommCell and clients, is it possible to purge the contents of the software cache only related to the old version?

I recently upgraded from SP17 to SP21, and I still have:

• CV_SoftwareCache\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP17_2206210_R682
  • CV_SoftwareCache\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP21_2957659_R830

Thanks 

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by Lucio 2 March 2021, 11:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Lucio , figured this would make a great separate thread.

So you CAN delete any of the older versions you don’t think you’ll need, though I would add in a bit of caution that you never know when you’ll need an older version (if a new server is in your environment that is only supported on older CV software).

If you only want to have the latest and greatest, it might be easier to just wipe out what’s there and redownload, though manually removing shouldn’t be an issue.

Badge

Hey @Lucio , figured this would make a great separate thread.

So you CAN delete any of the older versions you don’t think you’ll need, though I would add in a bit of caution that you never know when you’ll need an older version (if a new server is in your environment that is only supported on older CV software).

If you only want to have the latest and greatest, it might be easier to just wipe out what’s there and redownload, though manually removing shouldn’t be an issue.

Hi @Lucio, I agree with Mike. An easier workaround here it to manually delete that CV_SoftwareCache\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP17_2206210_R682 folder if you no longer need it, and commit the cache in Comcell Console. You don’t need to do anything to that SP21 folder. We will address this purging in future Feature Releases. Thanks.

Badge +3

Hello,

actually I manually deleted the old folder on the CommServe software cache, and then I started a “Commit Cache”.

After the commit I started a “Sync” for all the Remote Software Cache.

That sync deleted the old folder from remote Media Agents as well, after some time.

I don’t know if this is the best solution, but it worked.

Now on Cache Details I see only the actual version.

Best Regards

Lucio

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello,

actually I manually deleted the old folder on the CommServe software cache, and then I started a “Commit Cache”.

After the commit I started a “Sync” for all the Remote Software Cache.

That sync deleted the old folder from remote Media Agents as well, after some time.

I don’t know if this is the best solution, but it worked.

Now on Cache Details I see only the actual version.

Best Regards

Lucio

That will do it!