Solved

Synthetic Full big VM

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I have an environment with three big virtual machines, aprox 30Tb each one, I have configured a subclient for each one. The last synthetic jobs are requiring to much time and during this time (more than 100 hours) the daily incremental jobs are queued. Do you know if there is any possibility to avoid it? in other words, is it possible to run both, the Synthetic full and incremental jobs, simultaneously?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dan White 29 October 2021, 22:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @CarlosPerez ,

What Hypervisor type is this for please?

The only way to run a Synth and Inc at the same time would be using VM Centric (V2 Indexing): https://documentation.commvault.com/11.21/expert/102029_vm_centric_operations_for_virtual_server_agent_with_vmware_vsa_v2.html

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

Thanks for your response @MichaelCapon ,

Our environment is VMware. We have configured it to collect file information during backup jobs for these virtual machines subclient’s, because the live browse for restore with 30TB vmdk disks is very slow. If we change the configuration to use Index v2, we’ll lost this capability. Do you know if there is another way for collect file information using Index v2?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@CarlosPerez At this time there is not. There is something potentially in the works to resolve that but it is in super early stages and thats all of the info i can give at this time.