Solved

Update Status section in Client Properties that Need Update?

• 7 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

When viewing a list of Client Computers, one available column value is Update Status which will show Needs Update when necessary. And when viewing the client computer properties, the Version tab shows some more info.

Previously when I was running 11.13 in Version tab, there was a section that shows Update status and shows a table of various packages and hotfixe updates that need update. But since upgrading to 11.21, that section appears to have been removed. I’ve attached a screenshot showing that section in the older and newer builds of the Version tab.

Just wondering, in 11.21 and newer builds, is there an area where we can see the Update status table showing the packages and required hotfixes?

icon

Best answer by JSNOPUD 14 October 2021, 23:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @JSNOPUD 

I have just checked a staged server here in Commvault Support and the package update status is showing correctly as the right side of your screenshot shows.

There’s a few questions I have to try and narrow this one down:

• I can see you’re checking the Commserve client in your screenshot example, does the same thing occur for other clients?
  • Is this issue dependent on which client the console is run on? As in, does the same thing occur if you open the console on a client or the Commserve itself?

Let me do some more checking internally on this one for you.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@JSNOPUD 

This is reproducible internally, I have now checked another SP21 staged server and I’m seeing the same as you, no package status on clients, these next 2 examples are Commserve clients:
SP21 Commserve

But, when I checked an SP23 Commserve, the package status is showing:

I have briefly checked internally for known issues and patches on SP21, but I’ve not been able to find anything to confirm this behaviour.

I’ll keep checking.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @JSNOPUD 

I have now also checked this in SP22 and found packages are also shown, so this does appear to be specific to SP21.

SP22 Commserve client properties:

At this point, I would like to suggest you raise a support case so that we can look into this in more detail and get this question answered.

If you would PM me the case number, I will track internally and report back findings to the Community.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @JSNOPUD !  Tracking your incident for resolution.

Thanks!

Badge +5

Thanks for the info. I will upgrade to a newer version soon. Thread can be closed now.