Solved

user authentication in workflow

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I want to user authentication when sending mail in Workflow. how can i set?
icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 17 November 2021, 09:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @katman 

Thank you for the question and welcome to the Community!

You’re correct in that the Workflow engine will send emails directly to the SMTP server, but there is no mechanism for you to provide user credentials if your SMTP server requires authentication.

So, the way around this is to use an Additional Setting to instead have the Workflow engine send emails via the Commserve, where the SMTP configuration with user authentication is used instead.

Additional Setting: sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver

This setting doesn’t need a services restart, the next execution of your workflow will send email messages via the Commserve instead of directly to SMTP server.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

please enable and make the value of the additional setting to 1 from 0.

Currently the value is set to default as 0.

sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver

Description

Configures the workflow engine to send all emails through the CommServ instead of directly sending the emails from the workflow engine.

Category

WFEngine

Type

Integer

Min Value

Max Value

Default Value

Supported Version

10.0 to 11.0

Service Restart

false

Manage My Incident

Management Escalation

Commvault stands behind our commitment to deliver best in class support and we encourage customers to reach out to us for service concerns by clicking on Management Escalation

For any incident handling, severity changes, or callback requests please contact Support

Find Answers and Experts in the Commvault Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @Stuart Painter i have question during the topic:
I understand that the sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver parameter should be added to the Workflow CreateLab?

If so, as I mentioned earlier, I do not have one on the workflow list, and when I try to open it with the task status link, I get the message "user does not have permission on this entity". The rights of the user are also not such a workflow.

i will be very appreciate for help!