Solved

VMC on AWS - visualise me

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Firstly, does Commvault (11.22) support Virtualise Me (physical to VMware. Conversion)

What tasks are being performed in the post virtualise phase - job is stuck at 53% with no errors?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 25 March 2021, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes it does support. With the stuck at 53%, I assume system is still restoring data to the provisioned VM. For how long job has been stuck for?

Badge +1

Morning -  thanks for the response.

The job has been stuck at 53% for >12hrs  and the data being restored is approx 100GB. IS there any documentation available that provides detail of each stage of the process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@AndyT , I’m going to reach out to our documentation team about adding some troubleshooting/phase documentation here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=19038.htm

The above link has some troubleshooting steps and discusses the phases.

1 touch/virtualize me is basically an ISO file that is booted up with the client that has CV installed.  Its not a full OS its just winPE (preboot environment) with commvault installed on the win PE its able to to a complete windows file system restore as well as system state, it then reboots and comes up.

With that in mind, it’s really just a normal restore (as far as phases go); the only addition is provisioning the VM in vmware/Hypervisor.

Let me know how your job is going (I imagine almost done by now) though there are steps for slow restores:

Full system restore job takes a long time to complete

Symptom

Full System Restore job may take excessively long time to complete.

Cause

The VM consumes very high memory from the total memory available on the ESX Server

Solution

1. Kill the Full System Restore job and then kill Virtualize Machine job.
  2. Reduce the memory of the VM. For more information, refer to Modifying the Hardware Configuration for a Virtual Machine.