Solved

VMware Live Sync Direct issue

• 10 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello community,

I am trying to implement Live Sync Direct between two VMware environments. Both VMware environments contains it's own Vcenter Servers and local storage. Both VMware enivornments have a virtual MediaAgent with VSA agent installed.

I’ve succesfully installed the blr drivers (VAIO) on the ESX hosts. I can configure Live Sync direct without any problems. When replicating the first VM I can see that a virtual machine is created on the target site with DR at the end as it should be. However after a couple of minutes I can see in VMware at the target site that Commvault wants to create the VM again. Because the VM is already there Commvault restarts the whole process again and after 8 minutes the same message appears again. I am using Maintenace Release 26 latest hotfixes.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Michel Kolman 11 January 2022, 09:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Michel Kolman 

Can you please raise a support case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That’s really strange.

I wonder if you could remove the configuration, delete the VM on the destination and try configure it again? 

Badge +1

Hello Damian,

I've already tried that and I get the same error message.
Live sync with snapshots (not Live Sync Direct) works without any problems. I only get this error with Live Sync Direct.

Badge +1

Hello @Michel Kolman 

Can you please raise a support case?

Hello Dan,

This is running in my demolab right now using a NFR key. If it works fine I will implement this at customer sites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Michel Kolman , were you able to get this configured at the customer site?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Michel Kolman , following up on this one.  were you able to get this configured at the customer site?

Thanks!