Solved

What does mean the red icon ?

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello,

What does mean the red icon under the Primary copy for an aws Storage policy ?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dude 7 April 2021, 16:23

View original

5 replies

Badge +15

Usually the red icon on the storage policy copy means that that particular copy is behind or was. If you right click on it and go to view jobs,  you can see if there are copies showing as “To Be Copied” 

In addition to that, you can also check that triggers the alert which is located at the copy properties and “Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind” options. This tab will allow you to configure the criteria you would want for a copy to be considered “delayed” 

Take a look: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=11515.htm

CommCell Icons: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=3937.htm

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thank you very much for this quick and detailed answer. This is a primary copy and here is what I have.

We uses intellisnap.

I have read the doc but does it also apply for the primary copy ?

What is the way to resolve this ?

Badge +15

@Bloopa this is NOT necessarily an issue. It could be that your “Backup Copy” has not started yet and therefore the primary is waiting the schedule to copy all the “To Be Copied” jobs Primary.

Here is what you can do to first understand the behavior;
1-      You can right click the primary copy and then view -> schedules
             a.       All the schedules associated to the primary will open and you should see an Backup Copy similar to this the below. From there you can see when the Backup Copy is scheduled and next time it will run automatically catching all these jobs. OTHERWISE go to #2

2-      You can right click the Backup Copy Schedule you found on step 1 and click Run Immediately. OR
3-      You can also, right click the Storage Policy and then Run Backup Copy. That will trigger all pending Backup Copy jobs for that Storage Policy.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@dude  :thumbsup: Thanks ! I understood.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

What if you Run Backup Copy and CV says “No data needs to be copied”? But there are jobs sitting in the queue “to be copied”.