Solved

AppAware log backup schedule policy

• 2 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’ve configured  MS SQL VMs in Hyper-V for AppAware backups in Commvault 11.22.3. As detailed on docs.commvault.com an automatic log backup schedule is created and log backups proceed as planned.

In the CommCell Console I can only find them through the client > ‘SQL Server’ > instance > ‘default’ subclient, right-clicking Schedules. They’re shown with an empty Schedule Policy name.

They’re not shown in the Schedule Policies section, nor in the Scheduler, so no easy way to manage multiple ones at the same time. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 2 February 2021, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Thomas,

Have you tried Right Click > View > Schedules on the CommServe entity at the CommCell top level? - This should show you all the Schedules in the CommCell.

You can filter the view on Job Type to see only the “Transaction log” Schedules. 

Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

And there they are indeed. Awesome, thanks Michael! I’m guessing the Scheduler button in the Home toolbar has some hidden filters preventing them from being shown, as an unfiltered Details view (by day or by month) does not show them.